Mrs. Beck Bids Farewell

Mrs. Beck bids

Farewell

by Natalie Mann and Kenzie Litson

It has been a long road from Homecoming Queen to patient Assistant to Mrs. Duchateau. But for Judy Beck she will be travelling off that road after twenty years helping kids succeed in school and …she is eager to retire! What follows is an interview with Mrs. Beck.

What are your plans after retirement?

“Well, I’m going to be on the sub list, so I think thought that would be a good way to just ease out of school so I’ll been in and out all the time. I don’t have any big plans but I’m just going to do whatever I want for the first time in my life. No kids, nothing, I can do whatever I want.”

What has been your favorite memory at PHHS?

“The kids, for sure. The kids, the relationships I’ve had with them and feeling like you’ve made a difference you know being in kids lives.”

What are you going to take away from your experience here?

“Just to not let little things get to you. Just let them kind of roll off your back because you just keep going. The kids have things they think they absolutely cannot accomplish and I always encourage them to just start and then work through it.”

How long have you been @PHill?

“I have been here for 20 years.”

What brought you here?

“I always worked most of my adult life, and then I had a baby and when he was in the 4th grade I decided I wanted to go back to work, so I could just come to school with him and work and go home and I didn’t have to hire childcare or anything cause we were still together. So, that’s what got me here. Hooked me.”

Do you have any advice for students or fellow staff?

“Don’t procrastinate, just get it done. Because there’s always that week or two before the end of the quarter where everybody’s just cramming to get it done so just stay on top of your work. It’s very doable. If you put it off to the last minute, it would be very stressful.