Community College is a Smarter Choice

By Emilio Ziolkowski:

It’s not easy being 17 or 18 and having to decide what to do for the rest of your life. Should we go to a University and pay anywhere from $40,000 to $100,000 for an education, then spend countless years paying it off?

Oh wait, there is another option.

COMMUNITY COLLEGE.

It’s been shoved down our throats since 5th grade that we have to go to a University. Otherwise we will work at a gas station or McDonalds and never have any quality of life. While your chances for that do increase if you don’t go to college, you can still do many many things with a Community College degree.

Steve Jobs went to a community college and he didn’t even graduate from it. Jobs then went on to build one of the greatest companies in the world that is still making amazing, innovative technology.

Community Colleges teach you very useful things so it amazes me to hear people talking them down.. Like “oh I can’t believe you are going to learn the same stuff as me and only pay ⅙ of what I do?” It just blows my mind.

Straight up, math is math, writing is writing, Spanish is Spanish.

Why should you have to pay that much more just to get a University degree? Community colleges also have higher graduation rates and less students report being stressed about responsibilities, and costs during school and after they graduate.

What really matters is how you use the knowledge you get from your schooling in real life and your career. Hard work is gonna take you the farthest and going to a university will just make you work harder and longer because you have to pay off your loans/debt.

So tell me why would you go to a University?